Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 6 - 16-02-2010 & 19-02-2010

16-02-2010

Activity:
Today, I created my 12 Bars Blues Song Improvisation. Initially, I planned that I would copy my previous draft song to this 12 Bars Blues Song Improvisation, but unfortunately, I left my draft at home. So, I decided to make the new one. The song called "Boom-Boom Chic". The reason why I put that name is because the word of "boom-boom chic" dominate the whole lyric of the song. After that, we had a Music Instrument and we practiced "All of Me" song. But unluckily, Gloria, who had the "All of Me" paper, was absent and there wasn't any paper left in the class. So, we practiced by looking Mr. Sadrakh playing that song.


Difficulties:
- Making a lyric also one of the hardest thing when composing a song and this is what i faced when i was creating my own 12 Bars Blues Songs.

Solution:
- I would learn more in making good lyrics by taking a look at some famous lyrics and get an inspiration from them.

19-02-2010

Activity:
Today, I did my reflection of "12 Bars Blues Song" on paper provided. I kind of forgot what my 12 Bars Blues Song looked like, but after taking seconds to think, i suddenly remembered what it looked like. After doing the reflection, we had a rehearsal for "All of Me" song for each instrumental class. From violin, me and Gloria are the one who performed in front of the class. But as usual, Gloria's performance was way better than mine, but I would practice more in order to improve my playing and I hope, my performance would be as better as Gloria's. After doing the rehearsal, we had an instrumental class and we did a practice of "All of Me" song.

Difficulties:
- After having so much practice for days, I am still facing problems in playing a song of "All of Me".

Solution:
- Mr. Sadrakh said that I have to practice more at home if I want to have a great performance later, so i would practice harder at home.

Notes: I am sorry for being late in doing my reflection. I was in Bogor for 2 days (Sat&Sun), just got home at 9 pm and slept earlier.

0 comments: