Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 2 - 19-01-2010 & 22-01-2010

19-01-2010

Activity:
Today is the first music session in term 3 that I attended. Actually, the first music class in term 3 was taking place on Friday, 15-01-2010. The activities that I had are, first, I sang Michael Buble's Sway song in front of the class with my friends from String Class. Then, we learnt about Jazz including the different types of Jazz and also the example of each type. Finally, our class had a group vote for the presentation assessment next week. I was the one who chose some of my friends to join my group. Kevin, Floransie and Nadia belong to my group. We will present Ragtime Jazz for the topic of our assessment. There are 4 other groups that will present about Swing, Bebop, Cool Jazz and Fusion.

Difficulties:
Mainly, I faced a difficulty in singing Sway because Michael Buble's voice is too high for me to sing.

Solution:
I havent discovered anything to solve the difficulty except to practice singing Michael Buble's Sway song

22-01-2010

Activity:
Today, Mr Herry instructed us to plan what type of jazz we were going to present. First of all, he called group leader in front of the class. Then, all leaders had to choose the group members. My group was consisted of Nadia, Floransie, and Kevin and we were going to present about Ragtime Jazz.

Difficulties:
I have never heard about Ragtime Jazz before. So it would be hard for me to understand easily on this topic.

Solution:
I will research more about Ragtime in the internet.

0 comments: